9-inch premium second-generation infotainment system for Volkswagen Golf 6 with navigation system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support. Alpine presents the second generation of the Alpine Style Systems for the Golf 6: perfect system integration in your Golf 6, coupled with the latest features.
Alpine offers the largest screen (9-inch), extensive media options such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, as well as state-of-the-art iGo Primo Nextgen navigation with TomTom maps for retrofitting. You get the best high-end sound quality and optimal sound tuning options with this fantastic system.
Compatible vehicles (only left hand drive):
- VW Golf 6 (1K) (Limousine) build year 2008 ? 2012
- VW Golf 6 (1K) (Variant) build year 2009 ? 2013
- VW Golf 6 (1K) (Cabriolet) build year 011 ? 2016
Not compatible with Golf Plus and Cross Golf.
Small changes to the original radio-plastic cage are required.
High-resolution 23 cm touchscreen display
Turn your dashboard into a high-end movie experience: the highlight of the Alpine system is the 9 "high-resolution touchscreen - currently the largest screen for a Volkswagen Golf 6 dashboard. It is more than twice the size of the standard 5-inch display of the RNS 310/315, which is installed in most Golf 6 vehicles. This extra-large display offers brilliant colors and high-resolution images in a quality that you have to experience.
Operation with multifunction steering wheel
The navigation system communicates perfectly with the multifunction steering wheel of your vehicle. Upgrading to this system will therefore result in no loss of functionality, and you can control volume, phone, track search forward / backward, and other functions as you normally would. And if a smartphone is connected to the system, you can even use the steering wheel to activate voice control.
Multifunction display (MFD)
The instrument cluster-s multifunction display (MFD) is linked to the Alpine system and can display station names, song title and artist information, caller name, navigation arrows, and more.
If your vehicle is equipped with original parking sensors, this functionality is retained when upgrading to the Alpine system. The parking sensor system is connected to the Alpine display to clearly show obstacles when parking the vehicle. The two systems feature a second-generation parking sensor display with a much improved detail view.
Rear view camera connect
If your Golf 6 is equipped with the original reversing camera, it will also be integrated (accessories required). The camera is automatically activated when reverse gear is engaged and shown in the display.
With the navigation system you can enjoy movies, music videos or TV programs from many different sources, such as USB sticks or hard drives, DVDs with the optional optical drive, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters required). Even video content from iPod or iPhone can be viewed on the high-resolution 23 cm display in perfect quality. For your own safety, video playback is only possible in park mode.
Use your smartphone
The Alpine system is fully compatible with the latest smartphones. You can take advantage of many of these smartphones: enjoy digital content such as music or video files stored on your phone on the screen, search your phonebook, and recharge your phone. Or use the voice control of your smartphone via the integrated vehicle speakers for maximum driving safety and maximum comfort.
All important driving instructions and information are shown on the display with large directional arrows. In addition, petrol stations, restaurants, cafés and many other POIs along the route can be searched. With just two quick clicks on the navigation icon on the Alpine system, you-re right in the Apple CarPlay menu and can easily use all the features directly.
Navigation with Android Auto
Use your Android smartphone together with the Alpine system on the 9-inch screen to access all official Android auto apps and OK Google. With the voice control, the address input, without any distraction to minor matter and the access to live traffic information helps to identify long traffic jams in time and evade accordingly.
DAB / DAB+ digital radio
Radio reception with outstanding digital sound quality - that-s what the integrated 1.5-channel DAB + tuner stands for, with its superior reception technology. It always gives you an extremely accurate, transparent sound. For uninterrupted reception, the tuner offers DAB + to DAB + Service Following. But DAB + offers many more advantages over traditional FM radio: choose your station from a much wider range of radio stations or select your favorite station from an alphabetical list or genre list.
Professional sound tuning
The navigation system offers extensive sound tuning options so you can personalize the sound in your Golf 6 and get the most out of the Golf sound system. The integrated dual parametric 9-band equalizer allows a separate professional tuning of the front and rear channels. The connection to the original Dynaudio sound system in the Golf 6 is also supported by the Alpine accessory adapter KWE-BO1AU.
- Equalizer presets: 10 equalizer presets allow you to quickly adjust the sound to various sound modes, such as rock, pop and jazz.
- Fader and Balance: To adjust the fader and balance, simply drag the crosshairs on the touchscreen display to the desired point in the vehicle interior.
- Crossover: The digital crossover allows you to define cut-off frequencies for your speakers. This ensures that the speaker signals are reproduced without distortion for each area.
- Digital time correction: With the time correction you can virtually adjust the distances of the individual loudspeakers by delaying the signals. This gives the impression of a central listening position.
Fast iGo Primo NextGen navigation
The iGo Primo NextGen navigation software is currently one of the best on the market. In combination with the high computing power of the Alpine Hardware, you get a high-precision and super-fast navigation system for your vehicle. For example, the calculation of a route from Munich to Paris takes only a few seconds. The system is equipped with many useful and unique navigation features: intuitive address entry with auto-completion, TMC route guidance, 3D symbols and much more. It also contains thousands of POIs, so restaurants and any kind of public places in your area can be found quickly.
- Extensive map database of 48 European countries
- Ticket updates can be purchased online anytime at alpine.naviextras.com
- Updates can be purchased specifically by country and region. This saves costs through targeted updating
- Postal code entry for address search (for the United Kingdom 7 digits)
- Smart routes: The system stores past traffic situations and uses this information to determine the best route depending on the time of day and the day of the week
- High-resolution TomTom map material
- Station memory: FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6
- Station memory: Automatic station memory
- Search function: Manual / Local / DX selection
- RDS function: AF, TA, TP, PTY, PI, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- integrated DAB+ tuner
- DAB+ / DMB support
- SLS (Slideshow Service)
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB+ to DAB+ service Following
- FM-Linking (automatic DAB+ / FM switch (when signal available))
- channel memory: 18 Station presets
- auto Ensemble / Service Storage
- alphabetical transmitter search
- service search
- PTY search
- phantom power for DAB antenna selectable (on / off)
- integrated BLUETOOTH® module
- wideband speech technology
- speakerphone: HFP (Hands Free Profile) compatible
- music Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) compatible
- music Streaming control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Version 1.5 compatible
- advanced BLUETOOTH® technology
- connection: SSP (Secure Simple Pairing) support
- custom Profile link: speakerphone and music streaming
- phonebook: Automatic phonebook transfer
- one-touch keys: 4 presets per phone
- application of different phones: 5 different phones can be registered
- multiple numbers: up to 5 phone numbers per contact can be displayed
- device name Display
- automatic answer
- call list: dialed / received calls / missed calls
- redial function
- voice volume adjustment: Adjustable for incoming and outgoing calls
- DTMF tone function
- display the GSM signal strength
- displays the battery charge
- menu language: 24 menu languages
- firmware can be upgraded
- BASS ENGINE T Pro
- BASS ENGINE T SQ
- subwoofer Level adjustable
- subwoofer phase selectable
- 2 V preamp (connecting cable optional)
- equalizer: Flat, pop, rock, news, jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric EQ (front / back separately))
- 6 Channel Time Correction
- digital crossover
- customizable sound settings by vehicle
- MediaXpander HD
- source volume adaptable
- download online sound settings
- easy, step-by-step sound adjustment
- "Alpine TuneIt app" -Ready
- Output power: Max. Power 4x 50 W High Power amplifier
- Integrated premium quality amplifier for excellent sound
- Display: 23 cm (9-inch) capacitive WVGA high resolution display
- White LED backlight
- 50/50 split screen: left / right position changeable
- Touch screen with slide function / pull and scroll function
- Customizable favorites screen
- 2 user profiles can be created
- High quality audiophile design
- Preamp: 3 PreOuts (2 V, front / rear / subwoofer) (connection cable KTX-PRE1 optional)
- AUX-In: 1x A / V input (3.5 mm jack connection)
- Preparation for infrared remote control
- Navigation Mix Announcement
- Direct camera connection & built-in multi-view camera control
- Rear view camera with instant start function (immediate display of reversing camera at system start)
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display
- Visual EQ
- Live contrast adjustment
- Menu language: 24 languages (for AV & Bluetooth), 29 languages (navigation menu and voice prompts)
- time of day
- Automatic dimmer
- Anti-theft device with numeric code
- Firmware upgradable
- Connection for original Golf 6 hands-free microphone
- Remote turn-on
- HDMI input and output (special Alpine HDMI connection cable required)
- HDMI extension box KCX-630HD Ready
- Start-Stop Ready
- CAN-BUS connection port (for UART - for SWRC, sub-display & comfort display)
- Online map updates via alpine.naviextras.com
- TomTom map data
- 3 years free map update
- Includes headband, wiring harness and CAN bus interface for complete installation